Specific expertise and on-site testing available for many conditions including:
|Many indications exist for genetic counseling and evaluation. Referrals are especially recommended in the following situations:
- A personal or family history of a genetic disorder
- Evaluation of developmental delay, intellectual disability, and/or birth defects
- Carrier testing due to specific ethnic backgrounds (e.g., Ashkenazi Jewish, French-Canadian, Mediterranean, African American, etc.) or consanguinity
- A previous child with a birth defect or developmental delay
- A personal history of multiple miscarriages
- The risk of recurrence of a genetic disorder
- The treatment or care of a genetic disorder
- Personal and/or family history of a hereditary cancer predisposition
To schedule a genetics evaluation/counseling appointment, please call 617-492-5106. We request that pertinent medical records be faxed to 617-492-7092 prior to appointments.
For more information about the services we provide, see our brochure.
- Aubrey Milunsky, M.D., D.Sc., F.R.C.P., F.A.C.M.G., D.C.H.
Founder and Co-Director, Center for Human Genetics, Inc.
- Jeff Milunsky, M.D., F.A.C.M.G.
Co-Director, Center for Human Genetics, Inc.
Director, Clinical Genetics
Senior Director, Molecular Genetics