Paternity testing is generally performed using peripheral blood, cord blood, CVS, or amniocentesis samples. When ordering paternity testing, please use the requisition form as well as the paternity form provided below:
- Proof of identification is required for each tested participant. This can include a xerox of a photograph, xerox of a driver’s license, photograph, footprint, or fingerprints. Also include Social Security numbers and birth dates.
- Record the name of person who drew the sample (blood, amniotic fluid, CVS, tissue, etc.), the date, and the location of the drawing.
- Record the chain of custody by obtaining the signatures of every person who watched or held the sample from drawing to delivery at our laboratory.
- Include the briefest case history possible (e.g., To include Man as Father of the Baby/To exclude Man as Father of the Baby). Indicate who is the child, the mother, and the possible father. Have a proband (the person to whom results will be reported) sign to verify that this information is correct.
- For database records, state the race of each participant (Caucasian, Black, or Asian).
|DNA Molecular Test Requisition Form||Paternity Form|
Return to DNA diagnostics Page